See below for 10% coupon and entry to win a $75 Cottontails Gift Card!
For my son’s Communion, we splurged and hit up our local Brooks Brothers. I love the feel/smell/experience of a custom tailored suit and fine clothing. I simply don’t have the wallet for it. So only in rare moments and at the repeated urging of my husband, who actually has fantastic taste, do we dare to enter Brooks Brothers with a purchase in mind.
Seeing my little boy being tailored by a professional makes me all “…because I’m Happyyyy…” inside. And I can see he appreciated the art of a good fitting.
But outside of these fine experiences exists a reality around the biting costs and practicality of dressing children expensively. And so, I’ve come to welcome and be grateful for the benefits of Consignment shopping, and feel lucky to have a fantastic establishment, Cottontails Children’s Consignment Shop, located nearby for several reasons:
1. My wallet literally thanks me. It actually feels a grateful heaviness in it’s messy little, receipt-ridden heart. You can seriously save about 75% on clothing by shopping Consignment for seasonal staples and even more if you visit them at the right time. Their Summer Clearance sale just started and you can find items at 25-75% off.
One big deal for me, as the mother of two boys, is always having something nice on hand for special occasions. A little boy in a Navy blazer, penny loafers and a smart tie simply melts me. But I could never imagine keeping these on hand with the speed at which these boys are growing.
2. Brand Names and Quality finds. I love a good brand. Mini-boden, Gap, Chaps, JCrew, Ralph Lauren. My boys closets are filled with these brands that stand the test of time and tenacity – where otherwise, I would have never. And they make it easy for me to score those pieces by only accepting Consignment items that hold up well. Consignment DOES NOT mean poor quality.
3. This Hawaiian Crab Shirt in Size 5/6. Honestly. I can’t even. If I searched high and low for this original number, doubtful I’d discover something so vacation-worthy. Just in time too – as the crabbing festivities have officially begun.
4. Lessons for the Little Ones. I take my “Lead and They Will Learn” responsibility seriously. Honestly, my older one used to turn his nose to the idea of wearing pre-owned clothing. (Some shoes I won’t even go near.) But the significance of reduce, reuse and recycle has settled nicely into his budding brain and I can see he understands the connection between the bin he takes out to the curb weekly and the choices he makes as an extension of his and everyone’s social responsibility.
5. Not Just Clothes. You can shop baby gear – and lots of it, gently used toys, books, bikes, children’s furniture, a full section of Maternity, Melissa & Doug gifts, American Girl Dolls (hello!) and specialty items like sports and dance gear.
It’s a veritable smorgasbord of toys for your tots. And this football guard fit my son perfectly for upcoming football season. This would have cost me over $40.00 to purchase new. It’s in great shape, fit him well so I considered this a major find for only $18.00.
6. Consignor Perks. Of course there’s the money I saved as a Consignment buyer. As the Consignor, I can get up to 50% of the selling price for items sold through Cottontails. That’s nothing to shake a stick at.
Here’s how Consignment works. It’s totally easy. Shop and take care of your goods. I like to create bins for seasonal clothes that no longer fit and that I know Cottontails will accept.
Then schedule your seasonal appointment for item drop off. There’s no fee to open an account and it’s a total fast and easy process. Cottontails will price all items accepted during the 60 day Consignment period. Items are subject to markdowns. When they’re sold, you can pop in to pick up your payment or request a check to be mailed. You can also use your credit toward future purchases – which has a nice “full circle” feel for me.
Take advantage of this special offer for JerseyMomsBlog readers and be sure to return with your purchase for entry into a $75.00 Cottontails Gift Card Drawing. Follow Cottontails online, on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for giveaways and alerts on new items. They also have a great Customer Loyalty program.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Cottontails Consigment by JerseyMomsBlog. All opinions are our own.