It’s not only the faulty and frenetic parts to life that teach us. If you look closely, there are essential lessons to be had in the milder moments. All you need to do is pay attention. A recent spree to our favorite local park reminded me of this.
- It’s not enough to be cute as pie to other people. (You’ll forever look this way to your Mom.) You must love yourself. Find what you love doing, and do it. And that will make you shine inside and out.
- Sometimes, life is about taking chances. Don’t look down with fear. Look out with hope and excitement for all that is ahead. And don’t worry. The important people will have your back. You’ll know who they are.
- Whatever you’re doing, grab hold with both hands and feet, and go for it! Always bring your best.
- Bring enthusiasm and your own personality into everything you do. You are as unique as every soft snowflake you catch on the tip of that cute little tongue. Extra points for preparedness. You never know when camo rain boots will get you out of a jam.
- Bask in the glory of your achievements, but not in the face of others. Bring that feeling to your next challenge.
- Rinse and Repeat. (Look at that form.) “Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect”. ~Vince Lombardi
- That’s right, little love. Be happy with it all. And bring that smile everywhere. Hat’s off to you.